Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 duramax 2500. Bought it used. Guys said glow plugs bad and some fuel issue. I replaced plugs and batteries tried to start and it turned over fine there was a spot where the starter would grind. I pulled the start and saw the teeth chewed up on the flywheel. I ordered a new flywheel. It sat for a couple months. I pulled the transmission and was ready access the bolts for the torque converter. When I tried to spin the flywheel to line the bolts up to access them from the starter hole the motor went turn. I tried bars, wrenches, a socket on the crankshaft etc. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
The engine may be hydrolocked (fuel or water in one or more cylinders, preventing the engine from turning over).

Can you turn the engine the other way?

Maybe someone else on the forum with more experience with that motor could give you advice on whether or not to pull the injectors (assuming you can turn the motor a bit the other way).

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Then if the engine doesn't spin, I don't want to shock you, but I think the seller may have not been completely honest with you about what is wrong with the engine...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Got water in it and the rings are rusted to the bore? Spray some PB Blaster in the glow plug holes and cross your fingers?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
where are you located?
instead of pb blaster,,I would get gm heat valve lubricant,showing it on amazon but its cheaper at the dealer.this stuff unfroze a johnson outboard that had sat for years.stuff has a lot of uses.

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-10-4020-Rust-Penetrating-Lubricant/dp/B008I2H55U/ref=asc_df_B008I2H55U/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312201735010&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4232327303572905769&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9001947&hvtargid=pla-571625032297&psc=1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts