Diesel Place banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Ah yes, the plight of owning a "stock" 94/95 6.5L......

I too did all this....
OPS relocation/mod relay
93 LP
Relocated PMD (and spares ready to use) .... the prior owner was a govt agency that didn't do ANYTHING but keep it stock....

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I am learning this is going to be quite the adventure does anyone know what size bolt and length of it mount the PMD heat plate to the back side of the license plate holder. I got everything but the bolt in the mail they won't sell the bolt separate nor will they just send me one for the inconvenience of it being missing. The hole that it would mount to is the same size as the 4 screws that hold the PMD. Haven't figured out how the license plate threads are going to miniaturize to the heat plate threads lol haven't figured out help a license plate threads are going to miniature us to the 8 plate. Lol

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
You're doing a little better than me I'm still waiting for the 93 lift pump and the CS 140 alternator and god knows what else and god knows what else

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
My test drive went great. No shutting down or coasting. I had intermittent service engine light pop on and off. Seemed to only do it above 50 mph. It did spit out codes 41&78. Are those the same on a diesel as it is on a normal GM truck or car. It shuttered during time light was on but light was not apparent at any certain time or mph. Any thoughts on codes. That again

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Finally found the posts on these codes. Will do the vacuum test but where do I start on the code 41. Brake circuit fault. Now issues with brakes other than squeaking. Lol. Thx

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
Finally found the posts on these codes. Will do the vacuum test but where do I start on the code 41. Brake circuit fault. Now issues with brakes other than squeaking. Lol. Thx
On a code 41 start with the brake pedal and check the switch(s).
Check fuses... Other than that reset codes and see if it pops back up

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks guys I really do appreciate all this help the truck is running great just want to get the lights turned off am i hurting anything by driving it like that

41 - 48 of 48 Posts