Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 2000 miles on my 06 and towed with it for the first time this weekend. It's stock with exception of 4" exhaust w/cat, and 265 tires.

I was going up a grade at about 55 mph with seemingly no problem when the engine symbol popped up.(Up Cajon pass in Calif) Ran great and towed perfectly up and back.

Anyone experience this problem? The manual says tires or exhaust changes may cause it. Do I need a programmer to solve it?

·
Registered
320 Posts
if you still have your cat I doubt it is your exhaust. 265 tires should not set it off either mine has not anyway, and the 3500 comes with them stock, I would say take it to the dealer it is prob. something else. it is a dually though it may not like the 265's?

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a weird one. I unhitched the trailer yesterday and started driving. The engine light went off and has stayed off since and seems to run fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Engine Service Light

Just had our second service engine light, first was for a transient fuel sensor code. Suspect same this time, but will have it read JIC. I noticed that each time it occured that I jumped into truck and hit the key right away, even though the engine was still hot, this could be the problem. The rapid cycling of the key without waiting for as little as 1 second could set off this code?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The light came back while towing again this past weekend. Then disappeared after I unhitched and drove about 10 miles and has not come back on. Looks like a trip to the dealer to read the codes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts