Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
VIN 5B4KP42Y033368329
2003 Workhorse p42 NON-turbo 6.5 diesel

Hello all, long time lurker but just joined... the truck is a retired USPS stepvan bought from govdeals about 2 years ago..it was running ok until recently. I have read a few posts that had similar problem but the Original Posters have not shared what had repaired their issues.

The video makes it seem like I am letting off the pedal but I'm not. Also, when I try to accelerate, it sprays a lot of black smoke from the exhaust.

It had a P0251 code = injection pump fuel metering control "A" and I cleared it and it has not returned after over 100 miles.

I have already replaced the Dorman 904-104 PMD module that's mounted remotely and changed the oil.

I still need to replace the fuel filter.

Here is the video:

I am not sure what's next. I'm afraid it's an injector problem but I wanted to pick your brains before I go that route since the connections are very rusted.
Do you have an EGR valve? I had a similar issue and wound up replacing the EGR solenoids as well as the MAP sensor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Gasoline mixed with diesel...not sure what would happen but, it wouldn't be good. If you suspect this, I would drain all the fuel and start over. Additionally, if you have an EGR valve, it be in the center of the air cleaner once you remove the air cleaner lid. Should have a round vacuum diaphragm on a cast iron base.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.