Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started haveing problems with the engine stopping while I'm driving. I don't believe it's a fuel problem because it doesn't miss or lose power. Just quits like I shut off the ignition. It will start again. Anyone else have this problem? The truck is a 1998 Silverado 3500 with a 6.5........

Thanx

·
Registered
219 Posts
Something to due with the Stanadyne Fuel Solenoid Driver module. This problem happened all the time with the trucks at work, they are all late 90's 6.5's.

This site has some answers so look around and see if you can find anything either here or their. :)

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
read the faq's and the trouble shooting section. it's a great resoure.

btw- welcome

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
with your post # 1 you have come to the right place. pmd. question how many miles on your truck, i'm hoping yer gonna say under 120,000 miles or 193,000 kms. reason being it sounds like it could be your PMD. little black box on the side of the ip. if under the mileage you could be eligible for a new free pump. read the faq's on what to do before going to the dealer. could also be other problems. when my pmd went it gave no codes but gms scanner picked up what never set off the ses light. could also go thru the checklist and post results back here. there really is quite a few people on this site giving us all a learning experience.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Truck has 160,000 miles. The IP was replaced a year ago by the chevy dealer just prior to me buying it. The truck had about 120,000 miles on it when I bought. It makes sense that it is something electrical. The truck runs great outside of this problem.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Classic PMD symptoms. This is one of the most common 6.5 problems there is. I've seen that stalling movie before ;) Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. Actually, bought a Heath remote mount PMD kit and no problem since.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
LKVL would say welcome to the site but is says in your profile Oct., 2006, so a welcome to your first posting it the forum.

As guys above have indicated high probabilty of PMD issue, but not always, go through the troubleshooting link in mine & the other 6.5 mods signatures, spend some time in FAQs reference area.

Lastly via info in the welcome link update your signature with truck info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts