Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been through six injector leaks with no less than two failing at any one time for a total of 89 days out of commission in the shop.tried lemon laws no one will try the case because im over 36,000 miles. anyway,both gm and the dealer feel "there is no cause for concern as long as pressure in not in the red!"

hello; red on my truck is 0-2 psi,how long is it gunna run ?

currently has 11 lbs oil pressure at full rpm

·
Registered
31 Posts
I know what you are going through. I had 01 2500 EX, LB. At approx 25000 miles my anti lock brakes would kick in at moderate braking. Took it to the dealership they did their thing and couldn't get to fail. It was at the dealer approx 30 days for service. They tried everything. I let other people drive the truck just to make sure it wasn't my driving habits. They all felt something wrong with the brakes. Then after all the service attempts they came back to me and said that it is suppose to do that from the factory. Didn't believe them. Started check into the lemon laws. Yes you are right your truck doesn't apply to the lemon law. But there in another Act that you can go after GM. Basic it says you gave them ample chances to fix the problem through the warrenty and they didn't. I think it is the Mongoose Warr. Act. One question though was all of this happening during the 3yr/36000 period? If so email me at [email protected] and I'll give you more info.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
leakyinjector said:

hello; red on my truck is 0-2 psi,how long is it gunna run ?

currently has 11 lbs oil pressure at full rpm

If your saying you have 11 psi at 3100 rpms that isn't with in spec and should very well be addressed by your dealer with out question ....

Mac Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
398 Posts
Run it till it blows, then they'll have to do something.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
John R said:
Run it till it blows, then they'll have to do something.

That would be my suggestion..........only cost ya $100.00 for a new motor

It is a shame some dealers will treat a customer like that........what a great way to earn customer loyalty...

T
NY

·
Registered
251 Posts
Try a differant dealer, sounds like that one is not to good.

·
Registered
692 Posts
low oil psi how many miles d/max has 100k miles trus us ***** and *****. 11 lbs is to low yet it may not br the oil pump it can be a sensor or cluster if so those are 3/36.you could try to bloe it up. dont its got 100k mile warranty. blowing it up may make more problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts