Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read all the posts for using the Engine Oil Life Monitor and I appreciate all the information.

Now I have another question: How do you tell if you have the Oil Life Monitor on a Duramax? That is besides wait and see if it comes on.

Thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
You have one. It doesn't really test the oil, it just uses a calculation with the variable of engine speed, load, time, etc to determine oil 'tiredness'.

You have an '01, so if you want to see the oil message in the message center, just follow the steps to reset it. The steps are in the manual. It will flash 'Change Engine Oil' in the message center for a few seconds after a reset procedure.

Or you could just wait for it to come on.

Later

·
Registered
64 Posts
How do you reset oil life monitor, can't find my manual

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Key to on, truck not running, push accelerator to the floor 3 times, restart. It should flash something on your DIC about it being reset.

edit: this is if you dont have the steeringwheel touch controlls.Edited by: ratlover

·
Registered
64 Posts
I tried this and didn't get any flash.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Do it slowly and make sure the floor mat isn't stopping the pedal from going completely to the floor.

·
Registered
65 Posts
And wait until the light flashes once before you do it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks I will try it this afternoon.

·
Registered
144 Posts
mobowhunter said:
Thanks I will try it this afternoon.

Of course then the computer will think that you just changed the oil, and restart a new calculation.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I only have about 120 miles on this oil change, I not going to use as my oil change indicator, but nice to know that it works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts