Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1982 Chevy P/U with 200K on the 6.2L engine. The engine oil cooler lines are original equipment but do not appear to be leaking. Dealerships do not carry these lines any more. Should they be replaced and if so, where can I purchase new or rebuilt ones?

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Super Moderator
6,014 Posts
If they aren't leaking don't bother worrying about them. Some of the 82's actually had aero quip fittings and braided steel lines, much better quality than the later versions. Those hoses are rebuildable, just unscrew the fittings;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just repaired mine! '89 6.2 in a Suburban. 16 years and 220K of rubbing on the radiator finally caused a leak. The local Chevy dealer has them for $88 each. I bought 7/16" rubber oil line, made a clean cut, patched a six inch piece in and double clamped them. I ended up having to really torque the clamps down to keep it from leaking but everything is working fine now.
I agree that they are pretty easily replaced even if the dealer doesn't have them. Mine only really needs two ninety degree bends.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I made up a tempory set to run my new engine on a stand by cutting up an old set(stupid) and joined them together with a double compression fitting. Much more permenent then hose & available @ any hardware store

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
You shouldn't need to replace them unless they are leaking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts