Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iwas talking to a guy yesterday ,and he told me the o7's will be updated again. More power, better fuel economy,has any one e:eek: lse heard this?:eek:

·
Banned
720 Posts
they just did that for 06 360 /650 up from 310 /600 don't think we will see any changes until the new body style i think it will be a 08 time the hd hits the market in april/may of 07

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
They just waiting for the spies to report back on what Dodge and Ford have next year):h ):h . How much more do we need in stock form anyway?? Lets see 20mpg plus on the highway and 15 towing...that would be great!!

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
They just waiting for the spies to report back on what Dodge and Ford have next year):h ):h . How much more do we need in stock form anyway?? Lets see 20mpg plus on the highway and 15 towing...that would be great!!
Yep MPG is what I am most concerned about since I will be using my truck for work hauling carpet and other stuff for hire. Fuel is by far my biggest expense.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
My 03 got the 20+ on the highway and 15 towing and whether I had the box on or box off mad no difference. My 06 sure doesn't get that kind of mileage.

·
Registered
471 Posts
More power.........trucks are not cars, buy a Volkswagen if you want mileage. These are work trucks , right??

·
Registered
89 Posts
I doubt that there will be an increase in power in 07. If anything it might go down a bit becasue of the 07 emisions. Not sure if the LBZ meets the 07 emmisions, I would think it would. Why else would they release it for 1 year then change it?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I doubt that there will be an increase in power in 07. If anything it might go down a bit becasue of the 07 emisions. Not sure if the LBZ meets the 07 emmisions, I would think it would. Why else would they release it for 1 year then change it?
I agree. I would think power and mileage might go down because of emissions. I think the LBZ is close, but I seem to remember being a few things they will have to change or add to get it within spec.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I agree. I would think power and mileage might go down because of emissions. I think the LBZ is close, but I seem to remember being a few things they will have to change or add to get it within spec.

the lbz definatly meets the 07 standard and so does the lly i believe, especially since the lly is going to be around for a while in vans and such. That was the whole reason they added a cat and egr to the LLY to meet the standard for 07 ahead of the game. You wont see power decrease for 07 maybe increase if anything kinda like what they did for the lly in 05.

Ford on the other hand is going to just make it in under the wire when high pressure common rail returns in 07. the current 6.0 doesnt meet it i believe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts