Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,
i put my silverline turboback 4" exhaust on a few days ago, and last night during normal acceleration my engine light came on. I'm going to have it read once the dealer opens up, but would the exhaust take 3 days to throw a light? thanks in advance for the help.

-alex

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
You took the cat off....Thats the reason right there....I wouldnt expect the dealership to help you on that one...

Its wierd though because some trucks throw a code when you eliminate the cat and some dont.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
If you know someone with a tuner PPE,Perdator,EFI you acn clear it your self chances are it will be back. Finger stick is what you need ?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Yes, the fingerstick will stop the code.

·
Registered
894 Posts
You might as well put in the EGR blocker plate while you're at it.

·
Registered
666 Posts
The same finger stick used when the blocker plate is installed, is the same one used for exhaust?
I am about to order a blocker plate, plan on a 4" MBRP this spring, think it might be wise to order the finger stick right away, just in case?

·
Registered
594 Posts
The same finger stick used when the blocker plate is installed, is the same one used for exhaust?
I am about to order a blocker plate, plan on a 4" MBRP this spring, think it might be wise to order the finger stick right away, just in case?
You can buy them both together pretty cheap. Like around $50.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts