Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Classic 26K, The engine light came I took it to the dealer and they told me it probably has to do with the Banks tuner and K&N air filter. I run the tuner on 3 around town and 2 while towing, ues tuner mostly for economy. Anyone have this problem? Is the dealer once again full of it?

·
Registered
16,080 Posts
I have a 2007 Classic 26K, The engine light came I took it to the dealer and they told me it probably has to do with the Banks tuner and K&N air filter. I run the tuner on 3 around town and 2 while towing, ues tuner mostly for economy. Anyone have this problem? Is the dealer once again full of it?
What were the codes?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have the PDA so I'm not able to tell. Is the PDA worth it for problems like this?

·
Registered
16,080 Posts
Ask the dealer what the codes are.

Can you fill out your signature so that we can tell what kind of truck you have and all the accesories that you have put on it?;)

Yes the pda would be good but go to China Mart and get a code reader, those also work.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll ask and post them. Thanks. I'll also work on that signature area.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
5 bucks say that it was your K&N not your banks.

·
Registered
16,080 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What would cause the filter to do that? Do you recommend a diffrent system? I'm new in the diesel world.

·
Registered
16,080 Posts
What would cause the filter to do that? Do you recommend a diffrent system? I'm new in the diesel world.
The oil from the filter gets on the MAF sensor and causes codes, I can't remember which one right now though.

The airbox's on the 06 and the 07 Classics are actually quite good as far as airflow goes. There is an airbox mod that PPE has performed to the stock airbox that you should check out. It is on their website if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
if you have your stock system throw it back on. it most likely out flows the k&n anyways. if you ever get a ppe tuner, the airbox mod is in there with pictures.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Engine Light On

My engine light just turned on for the third time, the first two times it was the MAF sensor. Dealer replaced the sensor the first time, second time it was a bad MAF connect. The first two times it was with the stock CAI system. Now with the stage II system, the light has gone on two times. The first time the light came on and turned off the next day. Now the light has been on for several weeks, I know its the MAF sensor again. Going to take truck to dealer after holidays, will update everyone once I get my truck back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts