Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a attitude and on level 5 punched it at 70 and the trans went into limp mode.....the engine lite came on..and now wont go off...does the dealer have to reset the code????and will this be normal with the attitude on level 5???thanks

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I can't get mine to limp on level 5 withe the attitude. Any believe me I have tried!

I have less then 10,000 miles on my truck though so my tranny is still like new. (I assume)

Is this your first pwoer adder box? I had the regular 90 hp juice before adding te attitude so maybe mine has had more time to adjust to higher hp levels.

I think the light will go off with a few starts but likely need a tech 2 to clear the codes.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
The MIL light will extinguish it self but the codes will remain as mentioned ... No biggie ....

Mac

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks....have the reg juice and the attitude.... it has 10,000 miles on it......will thgat be normal then to limp the trans like that????

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
You need to ease up the power levels to avoid this .... Drive awhile in each level ... The Allison needs to learn and adjust to the additional torque you are now applying ... Once you do this it will take the 90 without issue ...

Mac

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
when it zings into neutral let off immediately shift to neutral coast for 4 or 5 seconds and back to drive no full limp.........call joe at suncoast for the permanet fix.......macks right let the tranny get used to the power levels and it will hold more and limp less......daveEdited by: sdaver

1 - 7 of 7 Posts