Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I have a 98 k3500 with a 6.5. I just put rebuilt heads on, new radiator, heater core, fuel filter housing, fuel lines, return lines, pmd wire kit, manual turbo actuator and tranny cooler.
Started ran smooth. Took for a drive, ran great. Pulled a hill, lost power, like a blown head gasket. Then it stalled, and over heated, Would not start. Seems starter took out a few teeth on flyeheel. So I tow it to the shop, they put a new flyewheel on, shim the starter to engage starter,
They couldn't start it. Fuel leak at injection pump. I fix that, starts up, runs and sounds rough?!?
So I drive it out of the parking lot , no power at all. Drive 1/2 mile, stall, starts up, drive half mile starts up, this time harder to start. Drive another 1/2 mile, yep stalls. This time. Clunk, clunk, nothing, it's done. Mechanic pulls me to the shop, and says this motor is done, seszed. I don't believe it, I just put heads on it, e be anything looked good. I'm thinking it's just hydrolocked.
I'm thinking, injector issue, because truck blew grey/black smoke all the time during the above drive. Never acted that way before? Do I don't know what to think, have no idea at what happened. The shop that put the flywheel in, says they have a good 6.2 non turbo, out of a military hummer, they will sell to me, complete, for cheap, under $1000. So I don't know if that's a good idea, since I just rebuilt the top end of this , 6.5. what tests can I do,? Should I check all the injectors? What could have gone wrong?
Blue Auto part Gas Motor vehicle Electric blue
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive tire

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive exterior
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle

Liquid Hood Motor vehicle Fluid Vehicle

Automotive tire Light Black Audio equipment Electric blue
Blue Auto part Gas Motor vehicle Electric blue
Liquid Hood Motor vehicle Fluid Vehicle
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive tire
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive exterior
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle
Hood Vehicle Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Light Black Audio equipment Electric blue

·
Administrator
22,028 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace

If you think it is hydrolocked then pull the glows and attempt to bar it over by hand. If it rotates then attempt to crank it and see it any fluids come from the glow plug holes

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
18,401 Posts
Did you put the nuts to the stud to the rear starter bracket?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
What color was the smoke? Why did you tear into the top end in the first place?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts