Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently filled up and i noticed that the engine hours on my DIC was reset, i did reset the feul and trip gauge but i didn't reset the engine hours...anyone know if you reset one will the others zero out also??
or is there a ghost in my truck?:confused:

·
Registered
234 Posts
I didn't think you could reset engine hours. Are you sure it's not the timer you reset?

·
Premium Member
20,558 Posts
you cant reset engine hours unless you get a new instrument cluster ;)

Ben

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
When I first got my truck I reset my engine hours but haven't been able to do it again since. I know you aren't supposed to be able to so I wonder if there is a glitch somewhere.

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
I never wanted to reset the hours but the ****ing dealer did it on my last service. :mad:

·
Registered
671 Posts
I never wanted to reset the hours but the ****ing dealer did it on my last service. :mad:
Did they do a reflash to your truck when they had it last??

John

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i didn't think you could either....i had my truck reflashed back in jan. hmmmm...but i did just recenntly put the blocker plate in this is my second fill up with the plate in i'm doing a little test as far as milage goes....i wonder if the plate had anything to do with the hours....codes gliches etc...

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
you cant reset engine hours unless you get a new instrument cluster ;)

Ben
That also resets mileage too. My fuel gage wacked out on me and found a new cluster on ebay. 0 miles and 0 hours. I thought the truck's computer kept track of those??? Weird. Good news is my fuel gage works now.:)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well .....is there any way to get the damn thing to display the original hours??
kinda sucks that i will not know the total hours on the engine from now on.
can the dealer help any one know?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts