Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I like to get a feel on how many engine hours you have on your rigs .. Can you post miles about, Year of truck, and
If you had any major repairs or other.. As a fleet owner like to get as much info as i can ..

Thanks all for you help <Great people on board>

From steve
Fleet owner
Edited by: smartfix

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
27k MILES 980 HRS OR SO.

Other than the dealer breaking my rear door window during service and a door lock popping off inside and a steering bearing all is well.

No real problems to speak of.

GMC

·
Registered
122 Posts
34,650 miles 901 hrs

Idler arm and lower steering bearing replaced at 14K mi under warranty.

Steve

·
Registered
403 Posts
51,432 miles and 1,381.3 hours....

NBSU switch, idler tensioner belt, and leaking AC Delco batteries at roughly 34,000 miles, all replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I work for a company that has 11 Duramax pickups. Highest mileage on one is 90k.

Only problems we've had are belt tensioners on the 01s and one bad Allison. No injector problems yet. Replaced an a/c compresor clutch the other day.

Other than that they have been very reliable.

·
Registered
611 Posts
41,000K MILES, 1190 HOURS

NO PROBLEMS SO FAR !

·
Registered
365 Posts
2915.4 hours and 148,277 miles. That's an average of 50.895mph that includes almost 40 hours of idling while stuck in a Wyoming snowstorm.

Trouble - none until 117,000 miles and from then on a lot.

·
Registered
336 Posts
62,794 miles and 1621.6 hours. 38.7 average mph.

Rear drivers side axle seal leak at 30k. No other problems.

·
Registered
617 Posts
30,000 miles 850hrs

Replaced entire aluminum accessory bracket on front of engine at 1500 miles (it had a hairline crack around a bolt hole). That was the only time it has been in the shop.

captainmal

What kind of problems?

·
Registered
747 Posts
captainmal said:
2915.4 hours and 148,277 miles. That's an average of 50.895mph that includes almost 40 hours of idling while stuck in a Wyoming snowstorm.

Trouble - none until 117,000 miles and from then on a lot.

Captainmal, what kind of problems?

·
Registered
262 Posts
captainmal: Please elaborate.

Myself: 381 miles and no problems yet.

P.S. Any advice for break-in?

·
Registered
817 Posts
29,847 miles, 1172 hours. 3 injector cup seals reseated to stop coolant loss at 15K, 2 injectors replaced at 22.5K (which may have gotten something in them due to the injector cup seal issue). NSBU switch died at 29K and scared me to death since it would not go into any gear at all. One leaking battery and replacement of the replacement due to dead cell. Even with these issues, I am very happy with the truck.

·
Registered
204 Posts
25,781 Miles, 631.7 Hours, 40.8 MPH

Problems to date:

1) Flying door lock knob, replaced in less than 2 minutes under warranty.

2) Squeeky clutch, haven't tried to have it fixed yet because most are reporting no success.

·
Registered
183 Posts
22,000 miles,1060 hrs 20.75 mph

I have a lot of idle time that's why I'm here

trouble:

1) squeeky clutch,hard pedal no fix blah blah blah

2)serpentine belt, muncie clutch pump problem, not GM's fault

3)dealer oil change,forgot to tighten drain plug finger tight what a mess
luckily I check other people's work

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
14,300+ miles around 380 hrs.

Only problem was early on fuse blowning for dash lights. After several visits traced to a poor wiring job. Cable would stretch every time I hit the parking brake which eventually shredded through the insulation. Other than that, problem free.Edited by: Victory Red

·
Registered
612 Posts
45,094 miles .... 1160.8 hours == 38.8 mph

===> have replaced both rear drive shafts, both heated mirrors, driver's seat lumbar unit, one wheel which wasn't round, pads inserted in rear leaf springs
===> ZERO engine/transmission issues, ZERO computer updates (other than a Hot Juice
unit) ... Jim

·
Registered
665 Posts
Only have 3600 miles on my GMC and I've had it in twice for hub caps coming loose/off. Have replaced one and now put caulking compound on the wheel nut threads to keep plastic hub cay nuts on. Seems like GM ciuld have put a longer plastic nut on so more than 1 1/2 threads engage. Edited by: Bill Gisse

·
Registered
89 Posts
2002 2500HD CC SB 4x4 Loaded

29,851 miles....897.5 hours....approx 33 mph lifetime average.

To date -- never been back to dealer for anything.

·
Registered
96 Posts
40,045 miles 1104 hrs.

Replaced left axle seal at 27,000 and had the down pipe support bracket welded by dealer! Just welded it right myself during last fuel filter change. If you take a look at my pic's you will see what I'm talking about!

·
Registered
958 Posts
3455 miles, 96 hours, 36MPH average.

Hasn't been back to the dealer for anything, only thing worth mentioning is sometimes the e-brake light stays on when I release the pedal, and sometimes squeaky clutch pedal.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts