Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so long story short I was traveling about 90mph down a highway with no load slowed down upon attempt to re-accelerate it’s like it had no power at all. at this point I’m 1/4 mile from my house so I get home it’s sputtering like crazy when it’s idling/accelerating I shut it off pop the hood because I see smoke my oil cap is blown off there is oil absolutely everywhere even the dipstick was blown partially out. The vehicle did not jump above operating temperature at all. It didn’t seem like it went to restart but eventually did I very very rough shut it right back off yes I did add a couple quarts of oil before hand. This truck is fully deleted with a tune otherwise pretty much stock. 08 lmm. I’m just curious if anyone has any idea what hapoened? When attempting to crank it it seems like it’s having a bit of an issue cranking and battery runs out of juice pretty quick.

·
Premium Member
17,998 Posts
Oil cap blown off almost sounds as if you put a hole in a piston. One would think that it would still run, though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn’t really wanna run it started up once ran for about five seconds stalled back out and wouldn’t turn back over. Sounds like this is going to get very expensive lol

·
Registered
107 Posts
90 mph!! Sounds like you drive it like you stole it, doesn't surprise me it ate her pigs lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
90 mph!! Sounds like you drive it like you stole it, doesn't surprise me it ate her pigs lol

truck drove great never gave me any hiccups. It wasn’t beat on but it was drove. 120 mph pull once every few months. Built trans. I decided to check the balance rates because I managed to get it running for a minute to cylinders are registering 7.8 the rest seem normal. Would it be safe to assume two pistons are gone? What are the chances that I can get away with putting 8 pistons in without boring block?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts