Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Duramax and while leaving work yesterday had the engine die several times. It initally started OK but when pulling out died. I refired it a couple of times with excessive cranking only to have it sutdown after about 10 seconds. I let it sit for about 10 minutes and restarted it and all seems fine now. I ran it up to 90 mph on the interstate and had no fuel starvation. It was about 20 degrees F, their were no computer faults and I just changed the fuel filter about 2K miles ago. Any ideas??? This doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
That's a tough one .... Guess you'll just have to wait see ....

Hard to say a air pocket considering you put 2k on the truck before having a stall issue ... All you could try next time is go pump the primer before a restart and if it fires right up ,tighten the filter and bleeder screw a tad ...

Are you running any additive ?? Could just be a tank of bad fuel ...I assume that once the engine temp comes up problem goes away ??

Mac

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not running a additive and it seem to go away once warm.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Was it real cold? Could the fuel have waxed and it took a while until the fuel heater became effictive? If so a good addditive will prevent that.

On edit I re-read your post and saw it was indeed cold. Maybe your fuel wasn't winterized.Edited by: a64pilot

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
a64pilot said:
Was it real cold? Could the fuel have waxed and it took a while until the fuel heater became effictive? If so a good addditive will prevent that.

On edit I re-read your post and saw it was indeed cold. Maybe your fuel wasn't winterized.

Indeed my thoughts too ... Kinda hard to tell with no location given ....

Mac

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was 20 degrees F and in Indianapolis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts