Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the engine controllers void the warranty when you up the hp and torque.

newbie question I know, but curious.

David

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
How does one answer that? :eek::

In theory yes I suppose it could. But the Engine is over built and if enhanced to assist for towing slight fuel econ I wouldn't worry.I would opt for something Plug and Play so you can remove prior to ANY dealer visits.

If you decide to really turn up the wick then you should take responsibility for your actions.For instance you start burning clutches in your Allison at HP levels of 75 or better than you should take responsibility.

Best policy is out of sight out of mind.

Others will chime in with their opinions,good luck with your new truck!

·
Registered
320 Posts
just for info there is a new memo out from gm with over 50 pages of pics of damaged dmaxes from what they call "power increasers" on what to look for to deny a claim from a failed drivetrain caused from them. I cannot post it here it is a internal use only memo they would not let me leave the counter with. I have real good repore with my dealer and was looking it over yesterday, and there is some real ugly pics in it. it was enough to make me take mine off. it is from a top guy from gm I belive his last name was cochrhan or something like that. and it say's they are seeing a increasing # of drivetrain failure from them what to look for to tell they were there,and if a dealer warranty's a failure one caused they will not be reimbursed the money and will have to absorb the cost.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
just for info there is a new memo out from gm with over 50 pages of pics of damaged dmaxes from what they call "power increasers" on what to look for to deny a claim from a failed drivetrain caused from them. I cannot post it here it is a internal use only memo they would not let me leave the counter with. I have real good repore with my dealer and was looking it over yesterday, and there is some real ugly pics in it. it was enough to make me take mine off. it is from a top guy from gm I belive his last name was cochrhan or something like that. and it say's they are seeing a increasing # of drivetrain failure from them what to look for to tell they were there,and if a dealer warranty's a failure one caused they will not be reimbursed the money and will have to absorb the cost.
We've seen them too,they probably got them from here! :D
A simple plug and play box isn't doing to cause the damage of people that are running big programs and drugs.This is where the big and most damage can occur.A simple 40 HP tune isn't going to do squat! There is a differance

Like anything,in moderation~

·
Registered
320 Posts
We've seen them too,they probably got them from here! :D
A simple plug and play box isn't doing to cause the damage of people that are running big programs and drugs.This is where the big and most damage can occur.A simple 40 HP tune isn't going to do squat! There is a differance

Like anything,in moderation~
they are some distructive pics are they not? some of them got so hot they melted the boost sensor and the firewall insulation:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts