Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found or put the new seal that is on the 06 on an 05 or earlier? Thought about finding similiar "weather striping and doing it myself. I know that the headlights and the pass. side hood line has a weatherstrip. I personally wnjoy the diesel purrr, however when I am BSing with someone it gets tough to hear what is being said. :blahblah:

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
I doubt you will see any improvement in noise by just putting a seal. There is way too much other open space on the grille etc to let sound through.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just curious if anyone thinks the 06 add ons helped any? Wonder if the GM yuppies thought it would help sell more when propective buyers were standing next one while it was running. I think the hood strip is on the passengerside by the window sticker perhaps.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
I imagine the biggest reduction is noise is due to the lower compression and changed tuning due to the new bosch PCM.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
that is the onlt thing i dont really like about the new 06 dmax is that it is so damn quiet because i love the diesel sound and now it is almost gone what is the world coming to

·
Registered
298 Posts
You should go buy a new powerstroke then. They still aren't using pilot injection. They still clank pretty good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts