Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
truck just turned 7500 miles. when accelerating hard it trips eng light and has sudden loss of power. if code is cleared everything is returned to normal untill i repeat same.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Please fill out your signature using the USER CP at the top of the screen so we can further assist you and then I can move this to the proper location.

·
Registered
340 Posts
truck just turned 7500 miles. when accelerating hard it trips eng light and has sudden loss of power. if code is cleared everything is returned to normal untill i repeat same.
Sounds like time to change fuel filter, it's getting plugged.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounds like time to change fuel filter, it's getting plugged.

That's my vote except on mine it triggered limp mode because it was so dirty.
Problem gone. Definitely try the filter first New Guy 69. Cheers

·
Registered
722 Posts
sounds like what happend to my buddys LB7 when the first set of injectors went out................ More info is needed

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
:agreed: fuel filter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 04 that did pretty much the same thing except for throwing the code. It started the day I was to leave a trip to the Keys. I took it in and the Mechanic looked at it and changed the filter. It made no difference. I make this trip fairly often and this trip drove 300 less miles then normal and used over 50 gallons more fuel. When I got back I took it in and he kept it for 3 days talking with the techs etc. He finally posted on a forum and got 2 replies from other mechanics suggesting to change the fuel rail. Once that was done it was back to normal as far as milage and power. The bad thing was let he left a monitor in just in case I had a problem. About three days into that the truck started doing strange things, shutting down at start-up, dash lights flashing, radio and clock losing all settings like the battery had been disconnected etc. They replaced the ignition switch and it got worse. It turned out that that the recorder was not staying connected well enough and causing those issues. BTW 45,000 miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts