Diesel Place banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
16,936 Posts
I installed the new PMD. I don’t see any difference in performance from the other one. Things that I’ve noticed in the last past week before and after installing the PMD are the following. Increased white smoke when starting in the morning. The truck is parked in the garage over night and it stays between 50 and 60°. Long cranking times, which I have to press the accelerator to keep it running once it does start. If I rev it up a couple times the white smoke stops. Once on the road driving, light acceleration causes the truck to shake until it’s been driven for about 20 minutes. The pressing the accelerator completely down causes of the shaking to stop or at idle it stops. What should I try next?
If your PMD is mounted on an extension cable, remove the cable from the PMD and plug the PMD back into the OEM cable on the IP and see if things change.
Also, Make sure the PMD cable ground on top of the IP is tight and clean

Reactions: dieselolds

·
Registered
1995 Tahoe
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The ground is on the heat sink and not on top of the injection pump now

·
Administrator
16,936 Posts
View attachment 637446 The ground is on the heat sink and not on top of the injection pump now
Clear your codes.
Once your codes are cleared then turn your IGN key to the "ON" position but do not start.
Check for codes.
If your codes reappear then you have a bad PCM.
If your codes do not reappear then your only other diagnostic is a bad fuel solenoid on the IP = Replace the IP

·
Administrator
16,936 Posts
Disconnect the batteries to clear the codes?
Yes, disconnect the batteries for 30 minutes then reconnect and follow the advice from my post

·
Registered
1995 Tahoe
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I cleared the codes and did what you said the only code I get is 12 which is normal. Correct? Any recommendations where to get a quality injection pump or any places I should avoid. Thanks!

·
Administrator
16,936 Posts
I cleared the codes and did what you said the only code I get is 12 which is normal. Correct? Any recommendations where to get a quality injection pump or any places I should avoid. Thanks!
Avoid auto parts store remans. Most are cookie cutter type rebuilds from the cheapest bidder.
Avoid eBay unless you know the seller. ( Badger Diesel has an eBay account and goes by kr_services)
I would recommend these for a pump source:
Kennedy Diesel
Leroy Diesel
Badger Diesel
Quadstar Tuning

21 - 28 of 28 Posts