Diesel Place banner

Engine Brake ? Duramax 06

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  thejdman04 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone know where to buy a jake brake for a 2006 Chevy Duramax 6.6 LLY. I am looking for a cheap but effective jake brake for my 2500 HD Crew Cab SB. I know that Banks Sells one for around 1300.00 anything would be appreciated Thanks. Looking for something a little cheaper !!!

#2 ·
I dont know of any that are cheaper thoguh banks makes a good one

#3 ·
Isnt the a turbo brake getting ready to be available from flease performance? It's only electronics so it should be cheaper and will probably work better than an exhaust brake.

#4 ·
PAC Brake finally released their unit for the 2006 LBZ last fall; from what I saw it was quite good and completely tied into the engine and transmission. B&D has one don't know much about it, the local performance shop was willing to give it a try but it sounded like it wasn't a made for 2006 unit. Last I checked Banks hasn't released anything for the LLY or LBZ since 2004. Someday when the money is finally available I plan on going with PAC Brake.

#5 ·
I have never seen a pac brake on a duramax but know we have then mon the county fire trucks and the copmanys product works well very well, and product support is good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.