Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure where the engine block heater is on my truck... let alone if I have one or not. Where is it located? Also how hard is it to put one on? Does it use a freeze plug hole like what's on a tractor?

Thanks

·
Registered
363 Posts
All Duramaxes come with a block heater as standard equipment. Pop the hood and look on the passenger side by the front tire. You should see the cord tied up there.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Get on the ground, pass side, at look up at the block. The heater is in one of the front freeze plug holes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

Oilburn,

Could not find mine either. Went to dealer he had a hard time finding it. 04 dmax LB7 IS mine. It was tied up tight with two ties behind the passenger side battery. best way to see it was stand on tire peer in look straight down , it is attached to one of those ribbed black plastic wiring conduit thingies.

Really look !! I dont think they want us to find it.

SKY
</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
473 Posts
I can't remember who it was but a few months ago, they posted on a way to route the cord so it would come out by the right front tow hook. Otherwise it is too short to reach the front.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys found it. They really do have it hidden and zip tied good. It will be nice to have heat right off the bat and easier on the engine for cold weather starting.

·
Registered
509 Posts
The only way that thing will give you heat right off the bat is if you live near the equator and keep in it a tin roof garage. All it does is warm the coolant so starting is a bit easier on the engine. You will get heat in the cab faster, but if you live in a cold climate it will by no means be quick/right away. At 20 to 30 below I start the truck and let it idle for 15 to 20 minutes (don't have a high idle mod yet). Using the block heater I get warm air about 3 miles from the house instead of 4. That's warm air, not hot.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The cord will go down into a black plastic ribbed shell. Cut the electrical tape from the top & this ribbed shell & you will see it is split. The cord will then pull all the way down the split as long as you want. Then route it on the inside of the frame rail to the front tow hook. Works great by the tow hook instead of lifting the hood each time to plug in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts