Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would cause my 1995 6.5 turbo diesel, 200 000km stock other than relocated pmd to suddenly rev like a bat out of hell up to 4000 rpm when cold then suddenly shut off. I restarted it, let it warm up some more then it reved up again severral time after that.:(

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Running out of fuel - also, failing Fuel Solenoid, which I would suspect at 200kmi...............

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would the cold weather -30 or lenght of the solid wire used to relocate the PMD to the bumper cause this? I usually plug the truck in at -15 for at least 4hrs prior to starting?

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Your extension harness is solid wire, not stranded wiring?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Harness is solid wire, 72" long,but not shielded.

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
If you'll notice, the wiring in your truck is all stranded, meant for mobile service, with jouncing, trouncing, bouncing, vibrating, wiggling, dangling, etc - sort of harsh environment for solid wire.

Solid wire is meant for stationary service, stapled to a two-by-four and such.

You could start by reworking your extension to 18 or 16awg stranded wire, and make sure the short black wire that was on the Inj Pump is still short and still on the Inj Pump.

If you still get the same symptom, then time for an Inj Pump, but those solid wires will eventually cause you some grief.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts