Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could use some help....recently bought this 95 suburban 2500 4x4. Has had some electrical issues....just recently replaced fuel pump,fuel filter,also pmd module and relocated unit, after having stalling problems. The engine 1 fuse located under hood is now blowing...this causes the glow plugs to not cycle. If I "hot wire" the glow plugs the truck will start fine , but blows excessive black smoke under heavey excelleration or normal excelleration up a grade. It has 150k miles on it , but runs great. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd first check your glow plug relay..Check all the wiring for good connection to the relay and, from relay to the PCM as well. It's important that all the wiring be free of excessive resistance and, you have clean terminals~

Question:

When you replaced your PDM, did you also check the shut off solenoid? While changing out the fuel filter is an excellent step whenever having a stalling problem, did you also check the air filter?

Just for my personal info, what type of glow plugs are you using in your diesel?

let us know what works for you..

Edited by: towner7

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
When you replaced PMD did you reinstall install the resistor at base of PMD socket? How much black smoke a heavy puff then clearing or heavy during entire acceleration, any codes, some is normal, too much indicates incorrect enough air/fuel mix.

Glow problem sounds like maybe bad controller or relay separate issue from the black smoke

Update your sig line help when diagnosing what mods you have/don't have that may lend clues to what is going on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts