Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Build a 2019 on line today just to see what's new. No more double cabs/extended cabs with a duramax. Only available with crew cab models. Wheel selection was what I would have liked to have with my 2018. Otherwise not a lot of difference other than a couple of grand higher.

·
Premium Member
17,862 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,862 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
There are likely to be some model configuration restrictions as GM reconfigures assembly plants to produce the next generation of HD pickup.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Whats more amazing is that they arent going to offer a regular cab version. Lets take a truck built for work and strip away its usefullness. Gonna be hard to sell these to plow guys, since you cant get a full size sander in a short bed, and you dont want a long truck doing driveways.

·
Premium Member
17,862 Posts
Can't find the link, but, essentially, someone high up at GM is relying on current dealer inventory of HD trucks to carry them until the next HD platform is in production. That outta take a bite out of their bottom line.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Maybe we will see HD's labelled as 20's sooner than we think.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Car manufacturers want $$$.

Ford and Chrysler are dropping most of their car models. Only trucks and suvs. Ford is keeping? I forgot what donor car (econ car but that what I call them, donors) and their nameplate Mustang. I forgot what cars Chrysler is keeping.

Gm is doing the same BUT they are keeping just a few select cars more over Ford and Chrysler. They are also keeping their Corvette nameplate.

This is all being done to prepare for the EPAs new laws that take effect in 2020 (I think I have the year correct) and because the market / supply / demand deems everyone wants trucks and suvs. Car sales have dropped dramatically over the last 10 years or so.

They are running out of options.

Bottom line: If you go into a stealership ready to buy (already have loan or already have $$$) you'll have no issue getting a 6.6 in any cab/chassis desired. These companies are in it for the money and if they want it they will need to deliver. I suppose it depends on how aggressively you press the sales idiot.

Advice: whenever shopping for a new car dont get a loan through the manufacturers loan program. Instead use your own methods to secure a loan, preferably through your bank branch and when you go in to buy... you'll have alot more leverage over them. A stupid ridiculous amount of leverage. When you tell them to f off because you aren't getting exactly what you want... again they (salesman) wants that sales commission and the manufacturer wants their money. They will have no choice but to submit to your demands if you independently source your own loan or pay in full up front. Every time. Guaranteed. If it doesn't go your way, go to a different stealership because the first one apparently didn't want your hard earned money that bad.

So worry not. With the correct strategy you can get a 6.6 in a trailblazer if that's what you wanted or even a corvette with the smaller dmax with enough pressure and money.

·
Registered
244 Posts
So am I following this correctly, there will no MY19 (current body style) Duramax 2500 -3500 Reg and Double Cab only Crew cab, they will resume in the new plateform - MY20?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Good, maybe GM can make a cab with the same space that Ford has now.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
More of the same stupidity that bankrupted GM in 2008.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts