Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading this article put out by the State of Connecticut, In reference to emisson testing of vehicles. Ct just hired out a new company(Agbar) to take over a defunct company that formerly ran our emissons testing.

It said that vehicles 1996+ didnt get the anal exhaust probe test, their testing is done through the OBD II port, or whatever that thing I plug stuff in for fun is. Think this apparatus will be able to tell use or previous use of Juice,Predator, etc? Im pretty sure most all performance boxes are emission legal, But was just putting this out JIC....Vehicles 4 years old or younger arent tested, but just wondering. I wonder what they look @ when they plug in? Timing, fuel/air ratios or what?

Bill

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
William, William, William............

WHO CARES...........all 2002 or newer are exempt for 4 years from the purchase date.

Anything older is gonna be tested so I beleive you are fine......

My bud at the Dodge Dealership is one of the certified testers, so am I worried.................NOPE

Come up to the woods if you are worried, I am sure you will pass.

T
NY

·
Registered
85 Posts
Bill,

I have no idea what they are going to be looking for. Hey look how well our last emissions program worked! Corruption, poorly trained staff and poor equipment, it had it all. I once took a truck in with dual exhaust and told them. The guy stuck the sniffer in one side only and was supprised how low my numbers were.

We'll have to see how well our $tate revenue enhancement program, I mean emi$$ions te$ting program work$. Will it make the air any cleaner, maybe over the Atlantic. Hey, at least they let the local service stations in on the action.

Aren't the diesels exempt until 2006 anyway? By that time all the features of the new system will be identified.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts