Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm told all new 2500HD orders are on hold pending new emissions requirements. Should I consider a used diesel instead of a new one w/emission controls?

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
chevy uses and Isuzu motor called the Duramax. Dodge uses a Cummins motor. You cant get a chevy with a cummins

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, yeah ... I screwed up. Just came from a Dodge dealer trying to compare before jumping in.

I screwed up. Sorry guys. WTF well deserved!

Now that I set the record straight, should I buy the used Duramax or order new with the chance of having to take emission controls or is the Dodge guy blowing smoke?

·
Registered
946 Posts
GEt the MAX. I just traded my cummins off and will never look back.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just picked up a new '04 2500HD off the lot, it still has the '03 (non-emissions) motor. You might be able to find what you are looking for on the lot, plus they have $3500 cash back ($2500 plus up to $1k down-payment-matching).

I was about to buy Ford, but they have had so many problems with their emissions PSDs for '03, I didn't want to chance similar issues with the '04s.

I landed the non-emmissions '04 Dmax by luck, and I'm glad I did.

Mark

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't miss the noise of my '01 Dode Cummins.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
<font size="3">Duramax Rules .....Leeps and bounds in four years in performance.....Has any diesel been introduced and able to make over 500 HP so easy and so inexpensive
?? </font>

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts