1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
14,360 Posts
If it worked (key word "if") it would only work on coated surfaces. The rust you need to worry about is the rust that begins inside. You would have to disassemble your truck to do inside the doors, fenders, rockers, etc., and even then most panels couldn't be done without cutting them open.

And you have to do it every year.

IMHO, save your money.

·
Registered
761 Posts
There is a difference between rust (oxidation) and galvanic corrosion. The study of electrolysis is pretty complex (you will have to do your own homework)
This little box is a basic cathodic protection system. It might help with your boat, but I doubt you will see any difference with your truck.

·
Registered
681 Posts
But I saw it on Two Guys Garage... Along with other quality products like Z-MAX... So it must be good, right? Sam Memmolo wouldn't steer me wrong! ):h

·
Registered
180 Posts
This type of setup would only work effectively if you park your truck under water.

·
Registered
824 Posts
But I saw it on Two Guys Garage... Along with other quality products like Z-MAX... So it must be good, right? Sam Memmolo wouldn't steer me wrong! ):h
But didn't Sam also give a thumbs up to the "Tornado" air twister intake as well? http://www.tornadoair.com/
:rotflmao:

I think it looks better as a tree tree ornament IMO.

Have a merry one, everyone!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have seen them a lot on cars in the caribbean. Barbados, St Thomas, Caymans.

Not sure how effective, but the owners swear by them.

$.02

·
Registered
186 Posts
Don't fall for it!

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Come on people... It works, a little. The idea is similar to cathodic protection in the respect it reverses the flow of electrons. One direction promotes oxidation (rust), which is the natural process, and the other supresses this process. If it was in the $25. range, I'd by it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts