Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may or may not know, I am on my third J/A box. The Juice and Attitude both work, but the turbo timer keeps frying out. It seems to me that the truck by itself is fine and from what I have heard from Edge, they have never heard of the same problem going on through this many boxes. What I am trying to do is actually figure out what is happening and I have finally narrowed it down to this situation and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions.
My problem seems to go with the code PO336 which is for a crankshaft sensor problem. This past week, I went out to start my truck and the temps were around 0 F or below. The truck cranked for about 10 seconds and I stopped. Tried again, cranked for about 10 seconds and it wouldn't catch. Third time and if it didn't work, I was going to pull the harness. The engine caught this time, gave me that code, and fried the turbo timer. Last night, I left my truck outside and not plugged in, it got down to about 10 below. This morning when I started it, it did the same thing. Turned over for a while before catching and finally started. I got the error code again. What I would like to do is clear the code, pull the harness, and see if it happens again tomorrow. The other option is to pull the harness and take the truck to the shop right now with the error code still showing and see if it is the truck and not the juice. Sorry this is so long, but I am finally getting to the bottom of this and it seems to almost be temperature related. Anyone else have any issues with or without the Edge in the cold?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have had no problems at all with the edge. I am not using the turbo timer right now since it is very cold (as you know, I am also in SE wisconsin). I was using the timer in late summer and other than setting codes when shutting down (and clearing them when starting) I have not had any problems.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a new and wierder problem now. I took the Edge off to let my truck sit out overnight. With the J/A off the truck, I turned it on and got my CEL to come on. This is with a warm truck. I thought I must have done something wrong with clearing the codes so I put the J/A back on and cleared the codes. Started the truck up, no codes. Life is good. Took the J/A back off the truck, started it up, the CEL came back on. I put the J/A back on to check what codes I was getting and I have 9 codes:eek: . I don't know what to do now, with the J/A on my truck there are no codes (and I do not have the 'clear codes on start up' activated). Now I am really befuddled. Turbo timer doesn't work, 9 codes without the harness, no codes with the harness. I am not sure how to present this to the dealership techs. The codes I am getting are:
P0193 - Fuel rail pressure
P0045 - turbo charger vane position solenoid
P2564 - turbo charger vane position low voltage
P0107 - MAP sensor low voltage
P0405 - EGR Pos sensor circuit
P0183 - engine fuel temp sensor high output
P0098 - Intake air temp high output
P0090 - fuel press. regulator circuit
P0522 - engine oil press. sensor low voltage
Tomorrow I am going to take it in and see what they say. From what I know, the J/A shouldn't cause any problems once it is off, so maybe there is an actual issue with the truck.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Make sure your connectors are all plugged in good and are latched completely. Also make sure you don't have any bent pins in the plugs either.

·
Registered
132 Posts
smokinjoez;1583534; said:
I have a new and wierder problem now. I took the Edge off to let my truck sit out overnight. With the J/A off the truck, I turned it on and got my CEL to come on. This is with a warm truck. I thought I must have done something wrong with clearing the codes so I put the J/A back on and cleared the codes. Started the truck up, no codes. Life is good. Took the J/A back off the truck, started it up, the CEL came back on. I put the J/A back on to check what codes I was getting and I have 9 codes:eek: . I don't know what to do now, with the J/A on my truck there are no codes (and I do not have the 'clear codes on start up' activated). Now I am really befuddled. Turbo timer doesn't work, 9 codes without the harness, no codes with the harness. I am not sure how to present this to the dealership techs. The codes I am getting are:
P0193 - Fuel rail pressure
P0045 - turbo charger vane position solenoid
P2564 - turbo charger vane position low voltage
P0107 - MAP sensor low voltage
P0405 - EGR Pos sensor circuit
P0183 - engine fuel temp sensor high output
P0098 - Intake air temp high output
P0090 - fuel press. regulator circuit
P0522 - engine oil press. sensor low voltage
Tomorrow I am going to take it in and see what they say. From what I know, the J/A shouldn't cause any problems once it is off, so maybe there is an actual issue with the truck.

How long after keying off the truck did you disconect the harness?

You need to give the PCM some time to completely power down. If you don't you will trip the same group of codes you are seeing.

Try clearing the codes with the J/A connected, key the truck off, wait at least 2-3 minutes and then disconnect the J/A. Your truck shouldn't trip those codes once the PCM has stopped transfering data.

As for the TT problem, keep in touch with Edge Tech support, they will keep you informed with any updates/improvements that are being made. Keep in mind that once a product reaches production it is no longer in development, and the development engineers are assigned other projects which completely occupy their time, because of this it some times takes longer to get certain issues ironed out.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The tempature has been at 0 or below lately and I have gotten the crankshaft sensor code also when I have to crank the truck longer then ussaul. I have had a few other problems with the edge, so they are suppose to exchange me a new one as soon as the get back to me

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Just watch your EGT's get around 300* then shut it off, it only takes me about 30-60 sec. its just easier untill the timer bugs get worked out . Ive never tried my timer yet but i love bieng in my truck so an extra min or two doesnt bother me!:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Does anyone know where the Edge J/A monitor reads the fuel temp from?
Tank, Return Lines, Fuel Rail?
Thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
smokinjoez;1585281; said:
Does your turbo timer still work?

I have a older version that doesn't have the turbo timer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.