Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen this problem posted yet. I may have the only one. Before winter I had the battery disconnected, when I reconnected it the passenger side windows, door locks would not work. The key fob would not unlock any of the doors remotely. I unplugged the wiring harness to the module in the door and when I plugged it back in it started working again. Made by Microsoft?

Today the same thing happened, but I had not been monkeying with any power. And agian it is only on the pasenger side.

Anybody else with this?

·
Registered
473 Posts
We had the same problem on my wifes 2003 Tahoe. The RH Door Module was bad and had to be replaced. We had to take both Key Fobs in and have them reprogrammed when they replaced the module.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The driver side window on my 2001 would not go up tried 3 or 4 times finally went. Could this be the begining of a module problem?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
IIRC, there's a TSB on those modules...

·
Registered
926 Posts
Glad I have manual roll up windows

Dan

·
Registered
11 Posts
My window died while it was OPEN(Cable bound up - motor works). Can the motor/regulator still be replaced easily myself or should I take it to a shop? The service manual says to verify the window is closed prior to replacing parts and I can't move it at all by hand whatsoever.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Rayzi

Fairly easy to replace the regulators, door panel comes off with 2 screws, one behind the handle, other under the switch housing, it just pops off, as do the trim piece around the door handle adn the manual door lock tab. Lift straight up and unplug the wires. Here's where you can get a repalcement regulator.

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/WindowRegulators/ChevyTruck/Silverado/FWR1939LEFT/28545

Once you get the panel off, you should be able to get the cable loose, shove the window up and jerk the old unit out. Unless the cable is stuck in the track the slides go in - might take a little careful work, those cables are extremely thin. Need to get the door panel off first, that only takes a few minutes on an '01. Mine started to make a grinding noise. Fearing the worst I pulled the panel, looked around, greased the slides and the track, slapped it together and now it works fine and smooth. Didn't even take long enuf for my beer to get warm...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts