Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Been towing with a gasser for years and lurking here for a while. Upgraded the boat a couple of years back and while it gets the job done it is way too much for the gasser to be pulling so I just bit the bullet and bought a 2020 GMC. I have never was a fan of the surge brakes that are common on boat trailers, especially in the stop and go traffic we can get on the highway here in Florida. I have been thinking about doing an electric over hydraulic conversion for a long while but now with the 2020 that comes with the factory brake controller, I'm thinking it is just time to do it.

Does anybody have any experience? Any brand you like better than another. I'm leaning towards the Hydrastar, but thought I would throw it out there and see what everybody's thoughts are. Oh and the trailer is a triple axle, about 12k fully loaded with gear and fuel.

Thx.

·
Registered
653 Posts
If you want the best, do a full conversion to disc over electric. You will never regret it.

Carlisle (hydrastar) is the best actuator whichever way you decide to go.

Reactions: Pure Diesel

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want the best, do a full conversion to disc over electric. You will never regret it.

Carlisle (hydrastar) is the best actuator whichever way you decide to go.
Thanks, the trailer has already been converted to disks. Launching in saltwater it is a necessity. That looks like one more vote for the Hydrastar. Pretty sure that is the route I am going, just wanted some second opinions as it's not a small investment.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You have probably already done the conversion, but make sure you get the Hydrastar plug and play system. Very easy to install

1 - 4 of 4 Posts