Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever done this... Kind of a vague question as I'm sure someone has, but anyone here? Any results to report. They talk big about 20 hp gains etc... but so does hypertech (sigh).

THanks,
Rob

·
Registered
412 Posts
I did Flexalite fans on a 6.0, No noticeable power increase. the biggest difference was in the AC, at Ilde it'll freeze you out, where before at idle it hardly blew cold at all.

If you go with Flex A Lites and use their "VSC" (Variable speed controller) Be sure the controller you get has wires coming out of it "NOT Spade connectors" The Spade connectors come loose from the board, The VSC cost $90.00, I have had 3, Now I just use 2 simple temp probe & Relays I bought from Summit for $20 each wired individually to each fan, if 1 fails at least the other will work, if a VSC Fails you screwed cause it controlls both fans (unless you on the highway).

·
Registered
127 Posts
Fans

I have often kicked the idea around as well, I plow snow with mine and I think it might help running the motor cooler. I have often read about people putting in LS7 fans?

Somebody chime in? Vernon, he usually knows everything. Where r u?

Fast donzi, this is slow formula (330hp x 2), the fans you are talking about, do they come with a complete shroud to mount and is it a custom mount or does it spec for whatever vehicle you have?

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
Neli check ur PM

·
Registered
412 Posts
Fast donzi, this is slow formula (330hp x 2), the fans you are talking about, do they come with a complete shroud to mount and is it a custom mount or does it spec for whatever vehicle you have?[/quote]

The Flex a lites come complete, the shroud fit's perfectly into the existing brackets and seals the radiator up real good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.