Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else had any issues with their front bumpers. I hit a snowbank last night and noticed this morning that my front passenger side tire was rubbing when i backed up and cranked the wheels. I've got 265's and have trimmed the plastic back. I've never noticed how flimsy the bumper is before. You can actually bend the corners up and down with your bare hands. I bent it back down a little bit and snapped the plastic back into place but it's not quite right. Sorry for the long post, but it seems to deplete the purpose of a bumper if you can bend it by hand!!

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
And only 6 bolts hold it in place! :D I would loosen up the outer 2, then the inner 4. Then try to reposition in, then tighten the inner 4 followed by the outer 2 and see what you have. That is if you don't have any visual damage.

·
Registered
483 Posts
. I've never noticed how flimsy the bumper is before.

:exactly: Yep....technology has really evolved but quality of materials has taken a dump in my opinion.........

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Its kinda sad if you ask me. Remeber the older cars when it was all metal....... Ive removed mine and installed ranchhands. something as strong as the truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts