Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a bully dog tripple dog last summer when I got my truck lifted and power steps I hahe been running on tow/econ mode cause I figured it would be safe till I got the gauges
I have been running empty and not too hard I towed my fith wheel once and my car hauler a couple of times.

Well thursday I got my outlook installed
Friday I had to tow the car hauler so I was watching things
198*- 205* water
200* max on trans
23# boost
1275* and once to 1295* on the EGT

That scares me a little I like it under 1200*

What is the max I can run sustained without a melt down?

I am going on a trip to SanDiego this weekend I will be over 15000# I'm sure
42' fith wheel with three harleys in the garage

Oh and as of tonight my ABS light is on and the DIC sayes service brake system
Might just be the trailer controler messing with things I will unhook and see in the morning

·
Registered
16,080 Posts
Put the exhaust on first thing as that will help keep the EGTs down.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I would also find some free flowing exhaust. If your probe is pre turbo I wouldn't run over 1400 for long.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I see 1300* on every long big hill towing 6,000 lbs with hypertech level 3. It's my understanding that this is a normal operating temp for the LBZ turbo. Just keep it under 1400*

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those #'s were with a 24 ' enclosed car hailer with a S10 blazer in the back about 70* air temp some up hill but not too big

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Stock program towing a s10 on an aluminum open trailer, summit 5" exhaust, no cat I hit 1250

·
Registered
891 Posts
As for your ABS light, and your Service Brake System message; my Power Pup manual says any tires 35" or larger may cause the ABS light to come on. Maybe this helps, I don't know.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have seen 1500* for a few seconds, I run 1375-1400* up some knarly hills for long periods. (LB7 engines run 100-150* cooler). When I was completely stock and installed a EGT gauge, it would max at 1425* from the factory.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Catback did nothing for me on temps.

Mine runs up towards 1400 degrees with my 40' fifth on slight grades @ 70 mph

1 - 10 of 10 Posts