Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, quick question regarding EGT's. I originally had Autometer Lunar Guages installed in my truck. I have since had them swapped to Autometer Sport Comp guages. When the Lunar's were installed, the EGT's registered alot higher than they do now. For example, with the Lunar guages, on level 4 Hot Juice, I could pretty easily see 1200-1300*, now the same driving I only see like 1000*. Do I have a problem with my guages? Or are the Sport Comp's just a better guage? BTW: The sensor was also changed when the guages were changed.

One more ?, what should I be running for EGT's? Hot juice ?Level 2 ? Level 4?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
962 Posts
I know with my old turbo DSM, just how far you had the probe inserted could make a difference, also make sure your probe is not leaking, which I am sure you did. Your old probe might have been touching the other side of the manifold, which will show slightly hotter, do you notice the temps come down quicker, a good indication the old one could have been installed improperly.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I can hit 1300 with just propane on a hard uphill full throttle.

The directions for my probe said it should protrude 3/4" into th eexhaust stream. Different probes are have different instructions.

Here are some pictures of various probes... Once you see the small pics, click on the ones you want to see to enlarge them.

ProbesEdited by: hoot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts