Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have read many threads on this forum about EGT's lowering as much as 200 degrees when adding an after market 4" exhaust. I just recently added a 4" Monster Exhaust Cat back system on my LLY and have not seen that dramatic of an improvement in EGT's. I realize I would see better results with the Cat delete system but here is another concern. After installation, I was looking at the stock pipe from the turbo to the flange behind the converter. I noticed that there is a pretty large indentation on the bottom of the pipe directly over the crossmember which is located just in front of the flange. (I'll try to get pics later). At first, I thought that this may be for clearance but realized that the Cat delete is a true 4" pipe and fits in this same area. Is this normal?? Could it have been created from the original bending of the pipe or is this something that could have happened during shipment or construction???

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think they all have that dent in it. I checked my budys truck thinking the same thing, but his is identical.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Fumunda. :ro) I've been wanting to go by the dealer and check some of their trucks, just haven't had the time. Figured someone on this forum knew what I was talking about.

:cool2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.