Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally installed my pyro for my Attitude in the Hoot location. Every thing went all fine and dandy and everything seemed to work well till a few hours after the install I was rolling down the highway and hear this beeping. Look around and see my attitude flashing EGT warning 2300 degrees! After I get over the initial holy schnikeys and realize that there is no possible way I could be running around 2300 degrees going down the highway in level 1 I stopped to see what was wrong. Probe appeared tight in its holder and the leads seemed tight with each other.

Most of the time it will read what I would think is normal but sometimes it will jump up to 2300 degrees or so(it moves around a bit it donst whack exactly 2300 and stay there) or sometimes around 1600 or so or 800 at idle. Then it will jump back down to what I assume is normal. Even when acting normal the temps change very fast and will bounce around between numbers a bit.

So does it sound like there is possibly something wrong with the install I over looked or should I just call John and get a new probe? I got a lot of faith in the duramax but I don’t think it could withstand 2300 degrees. Any help or thought would be appreciated, I just figured I would ask you guys if there was something stupid I did before I started asking JK whats fried. TIA

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Mine goes wacky once in a while like that and I don't have an Attitude.

Since I pulled the probe during the headgasket job and reinstalled it, I haven't had it happen again and it's been working perfect.

Watch for interference from local power wires also. These are very low level signal generators that are sensitive to interference. If your probe lead is close to something that all of a sudden turns on, it could cause the problem. You may need to re-route your wire.Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try the rerouting. they have seemed more flakey in the past day like its getting worse. 2200 degrees at idel can be a good thing

I wonder if I didnt get the probe stuck in far enough or to far? that probably wouldnt make a diffence though I guess.

Thanks for the idea on were to start.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
dont coil up any excess wire this will cause weird readings

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can causing the braided wire to ground piss things off? nothing appears outa whack and I dont *think* its getting interference or dont see how I could route it away from things any better.

I do have it tied off to part of my engine bay and it is probably able to ground itself off there.....I'll try to isolate it there and see what happens.

·
Registered
429 Posts
ratlover,

I'm on my third (hopefully a charm). First two lasted two months each. Have no clue as to why they went bad - either does Edge. I zip tie the lead only to non-metallic points and keep it away from high voltage stuff. I also made sure the probe was centered in the manifold. Edge did say that they outsource the probe and are looking for a new mfg. as they have had problems with a few of them failing. Maybe you just have a bad one.

Josh

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll talk to mother edge since I cant see what I have done wrong.

mine seemed to last for a few hours before it started going gonzo, now its getting worse

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
I got 2179 stuck on the attitude even without the probe. Naturally my box was broken. Lasted all of 5 weeks.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Ratlover,

Do you have a CB radio in your truck?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts