Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stealth 135. I ran it on a long trip this past weekend and had no problems on even hard pulls. I took a buddy for a ride tonight and hammered it pretty good into 3rd... tires spinning.. and hit 1600+ on the pyro. I didn't notice at first as I was trying to keep it on the road, but my rider saw it a told me to get off of it quick. It didn't come off ther pin for a couple seconds. I quess the Quad is not so cool running after all. Did I trash my rig?? All I need is a blown head gasket at 3500 miles.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i dont think you hurt anything with those egts if you getmem for 30 -40 sec maybe but short blasts shouldnt do to much harm.lots have hit higher egts for longer.maybe look into an aftermarket airbox and some free flow exhaust....jess

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am pretty sure the short burst didn't hurt much but it just feels bad on a new rig. I am running a straight pipe but I bet the air box is my problem. Maybe a nice AFE next year, but right now I am out of money. Thanks for the reply.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I've been there. Short bursts like that.

I'm over 60,000 miles and she runs like a top.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I could run 1400 degrees with my Quad 135 on a 0-65 run up the interstate. It could peg my gauge @1500 if I keep my foot in it. Short runs like that shouldn't hurt anything. The lower tunes run cool but......that 135 tune sure is fun.

·
Registered
494 Posts
That seems high compared to what I have seen. I have ran other programs that would keep the pyro buried from the time you step on it but the 135 Quad is tame on EGT. Are you sure you don't have pyro trouble?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am running Pricol gauges. I have the thermocoupler in the passenger side manifold. The gauge seems to work fine other times. Temps are in the range I would expect. I ran it close to 1000 miles in 2 days over the weekend and it worked fine. On long pulls it would hit around 1250 to 1300. That was the first time it got that high . I was running it as hard as anyone could unloaded. Out of second into third hammer down and listen to the BFG's cry for help!!!! Maybe it was the sudden hard pull with no high flow of cold air to keep things cool. Not a big deal as I will usually run the 70 or 90 to keep the fly wheel and clutch from going to lunch. The Quad 135 ran great on the trip. Low EGT's, one upset Mustang Gt owner and 19.5 mpg. What more could you want from a programmer??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts