Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My egt's are brushing the 1250 range with it on level 2 When I pull my boat. The boat only weighs in at about 5500#'s-6000#'s. On level highways it is in between 800-1000 but as soon as I get on a grade the jump up like a rocket. My question is, Is this normal? I do have stock exhaust. It just seams a little high to me but then again I didn't have any gauges when I was stock to compare buy.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
That seems high to me as well.

I pulled about 8,000 lbs this weekend for about 200 miles with speeds from 50-75 mph. The highest my EGT showed on my Attitide was 1200 degrees. That was after I took off from a light headed out through the country and full throttle. It was at 1200 degrees by the time I hit 70. I was running on level 2 and fuel boost on level 5. Outside temp was 82. At cruising speeds it ran between 600-800 degrees.

Did you mount your probe on the passengers side exhaust manifold?Edited by: andrewfessler

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the probe is in the correct spot. I didn't sustain 1250 but it got up there a couple of time pulling the grade with moderate throttle.

·
Registered
396 Posts
My LLY is bone stock, and just installed Autometer gauges the other day. I want to see what stock readings were compared to when I MOD this thing. I am seeing like 1175 at 24 psi boost under full throttle with nothing on the back towing. Question is how long can you stay in it full throttle and at what's the max temp allowed. I know drag racing it only get's high for a few seconds, but what if towing 10,000 lbs up a 6% grade.....?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts