Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is an EGR false code eliminator for the 06 yet?

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
I dont think fingers has givin the 100% ok yet. May want to PM him. DPS sells the fingersticks and blocker plates I believe.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Kennedy Diesel sells Finger Sticks and plates as a package. DPS is sell something of their own creation.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
PPE has one. It costs 160. I just installed mine today and cleared the codes and no more CEL. for the last 40 or so miles. Hopefully the codes will not come back now.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Donovan, How hard was it to install? DId you have to cut wires or splice? Or was it a plug and play. (seems expensive). I am going to put my exhaust on within the next couple of weeks and I was going to just clear codes until fingers comes up with one, but just in case I am looking at alternatives. Also, did you block or unplug the EGR valve? Sorry about all the questions, I just want to weigh all the alternatives. Thanks,

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Donovan, How hard was it to install? DId you have to cut wires or splice? Or was it a plug and play. (seems expensive). I am going to put my exhaust on within the next couple of weeks and I was going to just clear codes until fingers comes up with one, but just in case I am looking at alternatives. Also, did you block or unplug the EGR valve? Sorry about all the questions, I just want to weigh all the alternatives. Thanks,
Took about an hour. I had to cut the MAF signal wire and tap the egr sensor wire and the maf power and ground wires. Pretty much functionally the same product/install as the fingers stick as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I wish it was plug and play, I don't wanna splice wires on my truck yet.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Donovan,

Where can i find that ppe code eliminator?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Sounds like the Finger stick is working on the 06. I would look into that ans save the $100 or what not.

As far as the PPE device you will need to call them to order and get more info. You can get the number off their site @ www.pacificp.com . You will probably end up talking to Dan Grant. He is a good guy tell him to hook you up...and ask him about the 06 programmer that they are working on while you got him on the line....

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I wish it was plug and play, I don't wanna splice wires on my truck yet.
Neither did I but limp mode sucks and so does that annoying CEL. If you do the install right you will be able to tuck the wiring back back into the flex loom to stock and never tell the difference if you need to remove it.....so a dealer would have to *really* look for it to find it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Do you have the EGR disconnected as well? No Cel?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Do you have the EGR disconnected as well? No Cel?
I do have the egr connected still and I haven't put in the blocker plate yet. According to PPEs documentation you need to keep the egr sensor/actuator connected in order for the device to block codes.

I still haven't pulled another P0401 so its working well!

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
do the items that kennedy diesel sell work for the lbz or not. thanks
I'm saying no until we get absolute verification that it works. I believe "cautious optimism" is the current attitude. The one guy trying it used scotchlocks (other thread) and has not yet fixed his connections to retest.

·
Banned
720 Posts
does anyone have a diagram or pic where the egr is i must be stupid i have looked all around and i cannot find it any help would be apprecated thanks

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
does anyone have a diagram or pic where the egr is i must be stupid i have looked all around and i cannot find it any help would be apprecated thanks
This is where the egr tube is located on the engine, the valve is at the end with the blue arrow.

This is a diagram of the egr tube and valve.

Also, for those interested, I just ordered a stick and plate for my truck. I'll be sure to post up my results.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey donovan did u have to get your codes reset to get them to go away or did the cel just go off next time u started it?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
josh what happened to the rest of the truck man

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
in a different post the fingerstick is a no go on the 06 trucks so far

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
That was in a series of pictures one of our members found on ebay and posted them for future reference.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts