Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so i have a 06 2500hd LBZ. The check engine light came on one day pulling a 3,000 loaded trailer. The code was for low EGR flow. So i decided to just get rid of the EGR and ordered a Profab delete pipe. Now im pretty sure that i will have a check engine light come back on once this is done. I called the local diesel guru and told him i just want the check engine light to not come on with this modification. He told me no problem and that it would be about 350 bucks. I don't know much about diesels but that seems a bit high to plug one computer into another and tell it to stop lighting up that dang bulb. Basically i guess what im asking is what tuner could i get that would allow me to block the egr signals. My goal is to have a truck to pull a toy hauler a few times a year without causing any drive train harm.. Any help is appreciated and sorry for getting long winded.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The only way other than a different tune is a finger stick which is a modification made to the engine harness. I know that for most tuners they turn the EGR off on the optimized stock tune but you could in theory buy one tune that is basically stock except with egr turned off. I would just buy a tuner that can turn off the egr. The egr insufficient flow can come on when you have a straight pipe on an lly or lbz.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
The only way other than a different tune is a finger stick which is a modification made to the engine harness.
You need a good functional EGR valve for the finger stick to be affective.
There are tuners that are recommended on here that could help with concerns.
If you have a friend with EFILive and pay that person foe a license and beer would be the most economical.
But if your paying some one $350 for just that service I would have a small Tow tune thrown in for a little more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply's. I had taken the EGR off and it was clogged about 35% of black crud, you know the stuff if you have been here. I just figured to delete this nonsense all together. If i was to ever go back to stock for what ever reason then i would end up paying the local diesel guru a total of 700 bucks. Well for that price is there something that i can buy myself and turn the light off and possibly do the heavy tow tune deal. I know there are some items out there im just not sure what would fit my needs. Again any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Does EFILive still allow you to deactivate the EGR via tune? I know HPtuners doesn't, but wasn't sure if EFILive removed that functionality.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does EFILive still allow you to deactivate the EGR via tune? I know HPtuners doesn't, but wasn't sure if EFILive removed that functionality.
From what I hear it's extremely difficult. I'm trying now as well. looking all over forums and asked the local shop. Local guru says go with PPE xcelerator but it seems like they stopped "modifying" the EGR parameters awhile back. Any insight you find would be exceptionally helpful as my driveway has a really heavy paperweight that I'd love to move haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts