Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 lb7 with cali bs emissions parts. As far as modifications go I have a straight pipe and aftermarket intake with a 165 fass. The truck runs great. Ever since I first got the truck a year ago their was always a light haze of white smoke the past month it has gotten worse. I ruled out bad head gasket upper radiator hose feels fine after a night of sitting, I check quite frequently just to be safe, no blow by as well. Injector values are good and in spec. I am assuming it is a bad egr cooler. I no longer live in California and want to delete the egr bs. I have a ppe tuner and found out they no longer bypass the codes that come with a egr delete as with many tuners now as far as I've seen. I also found out while trying to tune the thing that I am locked out of my ECU. After a trip too chevy I found out for sure I am locked out. If anyone has had any experience with this type of issue it would be well appreciated as I have been running in circles.

·
Administrator
20,252 Posts
I have a 2004 lb7 with cali bs emissions parts. As far as modifications go I have a straight pipe and aftermarket intake with a 165 fass. The truck runs great. Ever since I first got the truck a year ago their was always a light haze of white smoke the past month it has gotten worse. I ruled out bad head gasket upper radiator hose feels fine after a night of sitting, I check quite frequently just to be safe, no blow by as well. Injector values are good and in spec. I am assuming it is a bad egr cooler. I no longer live in California and want to delete the egr bs. I have a ppe tuner and found out they no longer bypass the codes that come with a egr delete as with many tuners now as far as I've seen. I also found out while trying to tune the thing that I am locked out of my ECU. After a trip too chevy I found out for sure I am locked out. If anyone has had any experience with this type of issue it would be well appreciated as I have been running in circles.
Welcome to DieselPlace

I would recommend that you contact John Kennedy over at Kennedy Diesel for advice: Kennedy Diesel
(y)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts