Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the proper steps? Is it difficult to do. I get the ses light every now and then and dont want to take the straight pipe off to carry it to the stealer.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
...blocker and finger it, be done.

Buy them at Merchant-automotive.com

X2 or just turn it off using EFI Live which is what I done and no problems what so ever:D

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...blocker and finger it, be done.

Buy them at Merchant-automotive.com

I have had it blocked and the Finger's stick since around 5k miles. The way the dealer's clean the valve is pretty lame. I was wondering if anyone had actually pulled the egr and cleaned it properly. I also know you can shut the egr circuit off with EFI Live, but I dont have EFI. I think I will take a good look at it this weekend.

·
Premium Member
9,683 Posts
The problem is, the crapo will build into the intake manifolds etc. Best IMHO to cease operation before this happens.

Amsoil Power Foam is a pretty good foaming cleaner for eating junk like this. Problem is, I believe it says not for use on diesels. I believe the only reason is simply that the bulk of it can hydrolock the engine given the small combustion area, but I could be wrong

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The problem is, the crapo will build into the intake manifolds etc. Best IMHO to cease operation before this happens.

Amsoil Power Foam is a pretty good foaming cleaner for eating junk like this. Problem is, I believe it says not for use on diesels. I believe the only reason is simply that the bulk of it can hydrolock the engine given the small combustion area, but I could be wrong
John, you say cease operation. Do you mean turn the egr circuit off with EFI. I know the blocker plate keeps the engine from recirculating exhaust gases, so how in the world is the gases still clogging the egr? Maybe I can come up with a way to block the crap before it gets to the egr.

·
Registered
814 Posts
John, you say cease operation. Do you mean turn the egr circuit off with EFI. I know the blocker plate keeps the engine from recirculating exhaust gases, so how in the world is the gases still clogging the egr? Maybe I can come up with a way to block the crap before it gets to the egr.
That's what the blocker plate does.

Have you run the SES for the code? If you've had the truck blocked n fingered since 5k miles, the EGR assembly should still be clean and "operating" as intended.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The truck was blocked/fingered since new. I've been getting a p0403 code for some time now. I had intended to remove the blocker/finger, return the program to stock and take it in. From reading on this site I felt the egr motor needed replacement.

Didn't get around to it and the code stopped coming up Don't get it. What happened??

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The truck was blocked/fingered since new. I've been getting a p0403 code for some time now. I had intended to remove the blocker/finger, return the program to stock and take it in. From reading on this site I felt the egr motor needed replacement.

Didn't get around to it and the code stopped coming up Don't get it. What happened??
Same here, p0403 sometimes. I did get a p046c one time too. I looked at how the egr circuit is plumbed. As some guys probably know the plate goes in ahead of the cooler and egr valve. So, I wonder if I pull the egr valve and give it a good cleaning if it would help. Finger's mentioned maybe the electronics were failing, but usually electronics dont fail occasionally they die and stay that way. I have not thrown any codes in about a week, so I will work on it once the code comes back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.