Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The latest GM calibration update for my truck is: 15904640 New calibration to address intake pop complaints

This update looks to be a big step towards eliminating turbo bark with BS installations. Essentially, the maximum EGR opening percentage has been decreased to 15% whereas some tables previously allowed up to 50% opening.

This is all the detail that I have at present, and I have only loaded the file, not tested with a functional EGR.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Is this going to help with the flat long shift from 1st to 2nd & 2nd to 3rd?
Just got new update on 1/2 & BS saturday. Motor is smoother & quieter. Milage is better also. I just want to fix that flat shift, it's like you let off the accelarter for a second or two & you hear that popping noise.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Do you think the problem is the truck or could it be the Edge?

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have the EGR blocked, then I'd say you have a different issue as the EGR is all that appears to be altered in this update.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Kennedy,

Will you please keep us updated with this new flash? I was hoping this would improve my surging and maybe a little MPG...

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
If someone has this reflash done can they save it with EFI live and pass it around to others? Sorry to go a bit off topic here.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Maybe it is the elevation I am at (4,500 Ft.) But I don't think I have ever heard the turbo bark.

Does the elevation reduce the problem?

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
If someone has this reflash done can they save it with EFI live and pass it around to others? Sorry to go a bit off topic here.
Yes. You would need EFI Live to use it. I have the reflash saved. I see exactly what Kennedy said they did. I also see something else they changed.

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not that simple, but doable. In order to take full advantage you'd need to do a full flash. You'd be better off getting the GM flash to ensure that you get all the right calibrations in all the right places.

·
Registered
557 Posts
If you have the EGR blocked, then I'd say you have a different issue as the EGR is all that appears to be altered in this update.
I heard that this EGR update was supposed to fix the EGR codes being set for low backpressure with aftermarket exhaust systems. Think there's any truth to that?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Well They Reprogramed Mine Yesterday To Cure Surging And To Get Rid Of The Code From No Cat..
They Updated Pcm Calibrations And Reprogramed Ecm..
Told Them It Was Surging In Hopes To Get The Up Grades..
They Seemed Surprised That It Threw Codes When The Cat Was Removed..
Seems To Run Great..

Arm

·
Registered
490 Posts
Got update Thursday and it solved surging. I am going to remove the cat soon. Are you saying that FS may not be required now?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts