Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Can someone tell me what the 'advantages' are of blocking the EGR valve?

I'm fairly new to diesels so any information would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Pete.:)

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
To give you a short answer to your question, it keeps the exhaust soot from going into your intake. You can do a search for a more intensive answer.

·
Registered
393 Posts
So does a '07 LBZ need the finger stick to avoid a CEL?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yes, 06 and 07 Classic LBZ's will throw codes and a CEL w/o the Finger Stick

·
Registered
404 Posts
FireMedicJO;1585795; said:
Yes, 06 and 07 Classic LBZ's will throw codes and a CEL w/o the Finger Stick
How is the finger stick connected? Also, what happens if I just remove the fuse for the EGR?

·
Registered
395 Posts
ron54;1585872; said:
How is the finger stick connected? Also, what happens if I just remove the fuse for the EGR?
1. The FS is wired in and stored inthe raceway on top of the engine. It connects using the EGR position wire, MAF ground, power, and output wires.

2. DTC's and CEL's with removing the EGR wiring connector. I am pretty sure you will get the same result with removing the fuse as well.

If the FS is not your gig, EFI Live can completely disable the EGR function through the ECM tables.

Check this thread for BP & FS info:
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100287

Or visit www.kennedydiesel.com and view his installation instructions, emissions notes, and tech bulletins.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
395 Posts
The Blocker and Finger stick package can be bought for $50.00 from Kennedy's web site.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
PFlorenzano;1587875; said:
This is excellent information, thank you!

My next question is this, where can I purchase this finger stick for the LBZ? Any way I could increase the fuel economy, plus gain more power would be beneficial, but the fuel ecomomy would mean the most to me.

Thanks again,

Pete
Don't be surprised if you don't see an improvement on your MPG's, I didn't but some swear they do, who knows:rolleyes:

·
Banned
720 Posts
can just unpluging it and pulling the fuse help oh and where is the egr located on the lbz stupid question but i can't find the damn thing

·
Registered
21 Posts
Lots of posts on this subject, a search will pull up hours of reading. Some see a decrease in mpg with egr blocked, lots of posts on that also.;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
i have seen a huge drop in mpg after installing blocker plate, unfortuantly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts