Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently blocked my EGR and installed finger stick. The truck runs better then it did before the mod. However, at idle I have alot of white smoke coming from the tail pipe and you can smell the burned fuel and/or oil. I only notice the smoke at idle, especially when I come to a stop, say after being on the freeway. The truck does not run bad, if fact it runs really good now, and I have no check engine lights. Is there a possible reason for this, maybe the ECM is adjusting ? I am ok with it smoking, just want to be sure nothing major is wrong. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
White smoke is usualy an injector.:( Do you have a tool to run the balance rates?

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
is the blocker and stick the only thing you just added? These symptoms are usually from removing the cat and not having blocker or stick installed. I see you have a cat delete pipe.. did it not smoke when you installed that before the blocker and stick??

As Rick said, if that isn't the case then its usually a sign of injectors

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the CAT delete about 2 weeks ago. I didn't notice the smoke then, but it might take time to develope. If it is an injector problem are there other symptoms I should be looking for ? I don't currently have the tools or know how to run the balance, but if you point me in a direction where I can get the tools and directions I know my way around a car enough to get it done. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts