Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PARDON ME for bringing this up again, i just want to be clear on this .I have a 2005 2500 hd /Alli combo that is a YF5 calli truck with a Predator 2.02 and no cat and MBRP single exaust . I want to block the egr ,will I get a check engine light ? the reason I ask is even though I disabled the egr with the predator and un pluged the egr I get a ck engine light on the dash .do I block the egr and leave it pluged in ? I know you Calli guys must have figured how to solve the problem .I would prefer not to cut into the wireing harness and use a Finger stick if possible .

·
Banned
569 Posts
This is from second-hand experience, but a buddy of mine did what you did in his Cali truck. He did not remove the cat, but he put in the blocker plate, disconnected the EGR, and disabled it with the Predator (also version 2.02). So far, no codes. He's also running the MBRP single. He's definitely NOT using the Finger Stick, though. It sounds like the only difference between the two trucks is the cat; he hasn't decided whether or not to remove it yet.

Hope this helps,

Joseph

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on ,Calli guys help me out ,what's the real deal with this ? I need to know B4 I order the blocker plate from Kennedy .

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have asked the same question and the answer I got was that you needed a finger stick on a Ca engine when your running a blocker plate. Otherwise, the egr will react to the lack of flow, and throw a code and a check engine light.
I would order the blocker kit from Kennedy that comes with the finger stick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts