Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the EFILive announcement of public release of v7.3.3, it has this statement:

LBZ Scanning and Tuning: LBZ scanning support is scheduled as the first update to FlashScan V2.
LBZ Tuning will follow shortly after.

Does this mean LBZ can NOT be scanned and tuned at this moment??? What is the story here??? I'm confused a little bit. The web site says the first update to v7.3.3 would be released in Jan 2007. It is now March 07???

Bottom line. I need to scan and tune my 06 LLY on my Van. Will EFILive v7.3.3 and Flashscan v2.0 work for me... Right Now????

·
Registered
479 Posts
flashscan efilive v2 for lbz is technicaly in beta mode right now the actual public version has not be released yet.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Flashscan;1631350; said:
There was a few table errors discovered on the LBZ Vans, this has been fixed for the next release.......just an FYI.

Cheers,
Ross
Is one of them Pilot Injection?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is this update for FlashScan V1?

:)

G

·
Cat3406e;1631798; said:
Is this update for FlashScan V1?

:)
Currently our releases are for both FlashScan V1 and FlashScan V2 - the same software powers both devices. The differences will be which enhancements are supported by your hardware.

JojoJaro;1630885; said:
Bottom line. I need to scan and tune my 06 LLY on my Van. Will EFILive v7.3.3 and Flashscan v2.0 work for me... Right Now????
There are a couple of add ons to the release on our website, all the info you need (and the files to install) can be found here.
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129331

Cheers
Cindy

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm still very confused!!! When is the first update for v7.3.3 coming out. Is this the same as the public release???? The web site says public release is out. What is a public beta? Why can't EFILive make their release numbers more consistent. Call it "Beta1", "Beta2", etc. Call the real release with a version number. Don't call v7.3.3 a public beta and then expect the customers to figure out which updates to apply or not. This is just confusing.

I work in the computer industry and I'm used to software release and updates but I just CAN'T figure out which version is currently out and which updates I need.

EFILive. Please simplify you versioning scheme. Clarify what Public beta and what Public release means. And for pete's sake, update the web site language so people are not confused.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts