Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EFILive DSP² - Duramax Switchable Program² - for LB7 and LLY

EFILive is pleased to announce another Duramax first – DSP², our custom operating system that allows you to switch on the fly between 2 tunes that you create. Not only do you now have the ability to change on the fly with EFILive, you also have the ability to create as many DSP² tunes as you like – one for every occasion.

Do you ….
Want additional HP when passing, but want to run an economy tune most of the time?
Need to switch between 2 of your favourite tunes on the road without your laptop?
Want to switch off N2O on TCM shifts when racing?
Need tunes to match the driver’s of your vehicle – a “his” and “hers” tune?
Want to limit speed and boost like a Valet mode?

All this and more is possible with EFILive’s DSP².

How does it mechanically work? It’s simple really. All you need is a Single Throw Toggle switch, ECM pin and wire, and you are set to install. We don’t need your ECM and your ECM doesn’t need to be modified. Just wire up the switch to the defined ECM pin and your install is done.

How does the software work? You create your twin tunes in DSP², our custom operating system, then upload your DSP² via EFILive’s FULL FLASH process.

If this isn’t enough, DSP² also has 9 user definable thresholds that will switch an ECM controlled output.

Yes that’s right, you define when the output will switch based on parameters like
Boost Levels,
RPM,
Throttle Position

This output could be used to control
Shift Light
Warning lamps
Water injection
N2O cut (throttle must be above 90% etc)

What version of EFILive do I need? You will need a Commercial or Workshop version of EFILive. DSP² will NOT work with the Personal version of EFILive, this is because our Personal version cannot do a Full Flash to the ECM. Upgrade from Personal to Commerical is $150 which can be done online.

DSP² has been in BETA test for a number of weeks. LB7 has been comprehensively tested with GREAT results. LLY BETA test has just commenced. EFILive’s DSP² release will occur between late January and mid February. DSP² will be a FREE downloadable upgrade from www.efilive.com

Cheers,
Ross

Attachments

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
:cool2:

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
It works very well......:)

You can have the type of tunes "YOU" want...no need to ship ECM's or send back handhelds.

If you want a small change to your custom tune, just make the change.

A nice economy tune for those trips with an absolute monster for those special passing occasions.

Two race tunes, one for fuel only and one for N02......

The switchable feature is nice as well as the logging/scanning, DTC resets and there will be more to come.

T:cool: NY

·
Registered
817 Posts
How about a momentary contact, that switches to a tune with a wide-open turbo-vane map...

To signal that someone is following too close.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
How about a momentary contact, that switches to a tune with a wide-open turbo-vane map...

:iamwithst I like this guys thinking

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

LLY has the turbo vane map as switchable, screen shot was from the LB7 version.

Cheers,
Ross

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Please excuse my ignorance but can you put back the stock program 100% for dealer visits?

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Yes you can return it to stock in a matter of a minute or two.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
No it is a different pin position. High idle will still function as it does now.

It is the same pin part # just a different location.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I assumed he meant we could use a high idle kit though to enable this feature?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I just wondered if it was the same part #, not the same pin position. I wondered if those leftover pins I have laying around will work for this. Good to know they will.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
I assumed he meant we could use a high idle kit though to enable this feature?
Yes you can use the high idle kit but you have to wire it to a different pin in the PCM then you would for the high idle.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
This is way cool...I need EFILive! First I need the cash...then I need the knowledge to use it!

I don't want to drag this thread off topic, but if there's enough interest in it, I'll make the necessary arrangements to get more pins for LLYs and LB7s along with becoming a limited vendor.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't want to drag this thread off topic, but if there's enough interest in it, I'll make the necessary arrangements to get more pins for LLYs and LB7s along with becoming a limited vendor.
If you mean coming up with an install kit......nice switch, wire, pins etc then that is a good idea. We did not want to do that as we figured there is others out there who deserve the opportunity to come up with these neat little add-ons and make a few $$ on the side.
I have pictured in my head custom screen printed switch labels with whatever you wanted to call the switched tune.

Cheers,
Ross

·
Registered
870 Posts
This is way cool...I need EFILive! First I need the cash...then I need the knowledge to use it!

I'll take a few. :cool2:

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
All right! All right! Uncle! I give!

I just ordered the commercial program from Kennedy. All I need now is a switch labeled "Lean" and "Mean" , a couple of programs and some cooling water for the Mastercard!

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I can see it now:

Dealer: "you runnin' a chip?"
Me: "Naw! I wouldn't do THAT!"
Dealer: "you runnin' a programmer?"
Me: "what's that?"
Dealer: "WTF is this wire and switch on your PCM?"
Me: "DOH!"

1 - 20 of 126 Posts